Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Stand Corrected

It has been pointed out to me that the loony Anti-Hallowienies are in a minority, even in this area, and that I'm not making anyone happier by complaining about them. The world is full of nice people, who are Christians, who enjoyed the make-believe of childhood and think the current crop of children deserve to have the same fun. Hurray for them and an eclair for both of us (yum)! They just don't come up to me after the Halloween storytime and say, "That was so much fun! Thank you for doing that."
No, wait. They do. In fact, they did that today.
Ummmmmmm ... nevermind. I take it all back.

But as happens everywhere, in all times, the retraction gets no recognition. The debunking of satanic abuse stories mined by Recovered Memory Therapy (now discredited as a technique because the therapist has ways of suggesting possible memories which the subject obligingly produces) squeaks away unheeded in the darkness.

No comments: