Sunday, April 12, 2009

At Last!



Someone must be mellowing in their Old Age. No longer can This Certain Person complain about the Season's Greetings cards I send out. I feel that now, and only now, Peace on Earth is within our grasp. And why is this? What is this magic, is it the Ineffable? Is it Easter?

No, of course not, it's My Birthday and I will thank everyone in the world to set aside their stupid, petty prejudices and join hands for a big lovefest in my name, amen.

Don't make me send you a card!

4 comments:

sauerkraut said...

somehow, I ended up here after searching jere beck's name... don't ask how his name came up, but I think it had something to do with Ken Lehman who clerked for David Souter... both use to do the jokes while paralegalling in a basement over in Cambridge... which, if that picture of the woman by the fireplace is youuuuu...

marfita said...

I'm still in contact with good ole Jere! Was unaware David Souter made any jokes in the basement with us. Why wouldn't that woman by the fireplace be me? It was me then - I'm an old lady now.
I'm marfita almost everywhere (like Twitter, f'rinstance) - come by and 'fess up who you are.

sauerkraut said...

Yeah, I figured that out after I made my prior comment. However... how the hell are ya? Jere the only one you stayed in touch with? None of the others? Chris, Tanis, Jenn, the sect with the teeth (Joanne... or was that Denise?), Angela, etc.?

I think about those days in the basement every time I read another story about Libby, MT, or about former Grace employees from that building filing WC claims cuz of vermiculite exposure. Just waiting for my turn. ...

marfita said...

I do hear from Tanis. We've connected on Linked In as well.